Friday, November 30, 2007

 

My proxy for the 2007 VLE Homeowners meeting, Dec. 8 2007

I have had several e-mails asking for suggestions on how to fill out the proxy for the meeting. Here are some links to the proxy I intend to submit. I'm sorry I wasn't smart enough to get the three pages into one document.

2007 Proxy page 1
2007 Proxy page 2
2007 Proxy page 3

Page 1 is self-explanatory. I've not shown the name of the person I've asked to carry my proxy, he hasn't agreed yet to do so. But I certainly don't want the manager voting my proxy!

Page 2: I will trust my proxy holder's judgment on almost everything. However, you will note that, for most items, the proxy holder gets to vote to approve or to disapprove, but that's not so for approval of the revised bylaws, where his only choice is to vote to approve. I think these bylaws are so awful that I want to withhold that vote. You will recall that the bylaws that we are trying to amend require a vote of 90% of the associates to do so. Those bylaws aren't that good, but I've been happier with them than I would be with the new ones. So I want to impede the adoption of these new bylaws, and am withholding my vote.

On Page 3, I am not going to vote for a single director. First, if the bylaws aren't adopted, as I hope, there will be no directors elected anyway. Second, I know owners who have volunteered to be candidates for the board, and the developer chose not to do them the courtesy of listing their names. So I won't write anybody in. Finally, I don't see how anybody could serve as a director under those bylaws anyway. If anybody actually gets elected, this might be the first election ever in which the winners demand a recount.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?